Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel: Primer?

Helloo! So today I will be doing a review on a products that I have been enjoying, and it is the Monistat chafing relief powder gel, but I'm reviewing it as a PRIMER ;) you will find this at your local drugstore of Wal mart, Taget etc..in the feminine care isle
For a while I have been watching videos on YT and a few girls said really good things about this products used as a primer so for some time I wanted to get it but wasn't to interested until I finally felt that I really wanted to try it. Some people have a hard time finding this so they order it online, but I found it at my local Wal Mart for $5.95. I started using it the day after I bought it and here are my thoughts.
The Good:
This products has worked good for me. You need a very small amount and it distributes evenly all over my face. It feels very silky and smooth. It doesn't leave my face oily, it actually feels exactly the same as when I apply any other primer, like the Sephora primer, which was what I had been using. It is almost clear and has absolutely no smell to it which is great. My foundation blends great on top of this and it hold up well throughout the day. I do not get oily which is AWESOME. I have not broken out with this, but then.. nothing really makes me break out as of now (thank GOD)
on the left Sephora Primer, right Monistat Gel
I also really like the packaging and the way I'm able to control how much product I use. It is not runny. The gel comes in a tube with 1.5 OZ which will last a long time, since like I mentioned you really don't need to use much ;)
The bad??:
I don't have anything bad to say about this product, honestly I am very happy with it. the thing that might be bad for others is the fact that this has absolutely no benefits to your skin, which is obvious. this product is not made for the face, and it is not a primer, but it doesn't mean you can't use it as one. This is good if you want a basic primer with basic functions, like a product that is going to work as a middle layer between skin and makeup, and a product that will make your foundation blend nice and even, and that will help it last longer.
I hope you find this to be helpful and don't forget to share your thoughts.
Let me know if you have tried it.
xoxo Karen,

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product and very affordable. I'll have to check it out (:

    xoxo
    www.lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a bit of an odd concept using chafing gel as a primer but I definitely want to give it a go now! Got a lovely little blog here :)
    www.loula-belle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive heard so much about it for the past two years and NEVER tried it but I think I will soon. Thank you for stoppign by my blog earlier I started followign your blog its nice to find new people.

    ReplyDelete